5 Ingredient Crockpot Beer Chili
If you are looking for a hearty winter recipe you can through in the crockpot, then you need to try 5 Ingredient Beer Chili. The ingredients are simple things most people already have on hand like ground beef, A couple of cans of chili beans, salsa, beer, and jalapenos. Any type of variation of those ingredients will work fine, I used homemade pico de gallo instead of the store-bought hot sauce type and the cilantro, fresh tomatoes, and onion really brought a lot to this recipe and really made the flavor pop. The key ingredient in this 5 Ingredient Crockpot Beer Chili is, you guessed it, beer! This magic, golden nectar gives a kick to any dish, especially chili. You just add it as you normally would add the stock and bingo, you’ve got a recipe that is spectacularly set apart from other run of the mill crockpot chili recipes.
I served this to my coworkers at our annual fundraiser for a cause that is so near and dear to our hearts, pet rescue. We donate our rescue funds to Miranda Lambert’s dog and animal rescue foundation, Miranda’s Rescue. Miranda is not only a fabulous singer but she’s an animal lover as well. Her foundation runs a no-kill adoption and sanctuary facility that brings relief to hundreds of distressed, neglected, abused and discarded animals. So every year we get everyone to pitch in and support her cause. I made 2 crockpots full of 5 Ingredient Beer Chili and it was perfect for our gathering, everyone loved it.
- 1¾ pounds ground beef 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each)
- Bush’s Chili Beans, undrained 2 jars (16 ounces each)
- Mild Salsa or Salsa Verde 1 bottle (12 ounces)
- Mexican-style beer such as Corona® Extra
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, sliced
- sour cream
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- thinly sliced radishes
- chopped red onions
- chopped cilantro
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon; drain drippings. Transfer beef to 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Slow cook on high 4 to 5 hours (low 7 to 8 hours) or to desired consistency. Serve chili topped with optional garnishes, if desired.